I was interested to see this in Peter Roper’s blog:
- First ever tweet Just setting up my twttr
- First words spoken on YouTube Alright, so here we are in front of the elephants
- First ever text message Merry Christmas
- First mobile phone call Joel, this is Marty. I’m calling you from a cellphone, a real, handheld, portable cellphone
- First telephone call Mr Watson, come here. I want to see you
Original source: BBC
One of my earliest memories is from when I was about four years’ old, sitting at a table outside the kitchen where my Mum was preparing a meal. I knew that you put letters together to make words, and was carefully writing three letters at a time on a piece of paper before running in to ask: “Is this a word? Is this a word?” Usually, she’d say No. Eventually, I wrote cat. My first word!