If you’re anything like me, you want to prevent your email inbox from being clogged with unwanted messages. So here are the 6 simple steps to turn off email notifications from Facebook:
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click the little down-pointing triangle in the top right corner of the screen and click ‘Account settings’.
3. Click ‘Notifications in the left hand navigation.
4. Click ‘Edit’ on the right hand side of each item listed e.g.
5. Click the little envelope above the ticklist / checklist so all boxes are unticked / unchecked, then click ‘Save changes’ e.g.
6. Repeat for every item on the Notifications list (16 at the time of writing).
It may be a hassle but it’s worth it!