Careers advice wasn’t great when I was at school. I told the teacher I wanted to be a writer, and she said: “Writers starve in garrets; be a teacher.” The only kind of writing she’d heard of that paid any money was journalism. So, after A levels, I qualified as a journalist – but I never actually worked as one. Then, as now, it was hard to get paid work as a writer. Eventually, I got a job as a copywriter, and have earned my living from copywriting ever since. Now, I train journalists how to become copywriters (so perhaps I’ve ended up being a teacher after all).
On this full-day course you will learn tips, tricks and insider copywriting secrets.
- Traditional marketing theory and useful marketing acronyms to help sell brands, products and services
- 12-point checklist for marketing communications – you’ll never look at an ad the same way again
- 10 tests for effective copywriting, 28 ‘power’ words for headlines & 25 copywriting tips, tricks and techniques you can turn to for future inspiration
- The difference between writing for screen and writing for print, plus everything web copywriters need to know about search engine optimisation (SEO)
PLUS (for aspiring freelance copywriters)
- The business of copywriting, including how to find clients – and get paid
- Further resources where you can join other copywriters for mutual support
Who should attend
Anyone who already knows how to put a sentence together and wants to write copy for themselves or clients.
This one-day course can be run on demand at a venue of your choice, anywhere in the English-speaking world. Alternatively, you can book private modules via phone or Skype.
“”Very knowledgeable presentation and feedback. Her insights into how to deal with clients on a practical level were particularly useful.”
“Very Impressive. Clearly very experienced and explained her knowledge very well.”
“Very knowledgeable and experienced – good mix of lecturing and exercises.”
“I don’t think I have ever learned so much in one day, and now feel inspired to take my career in an exciting new direction.”