Jackie set up a Copywriter Club on Facebook to provide regular tips and occasional job opportunities for people who’ve done her training courses. It now includes over 2,000 members from around the world, mostly UK freelancers with at least a year of experience.
Members have been asking her to mentor them, so she’s set up a regular programme for groups and individuals.
You get a chance to learn from Jackie’s copywriting experience (18 years in-house then over 20 years as a freelancer). Content is driven by the attendees, but here are some of the topics that might be covered during a six-month programme of monthly group mentoring calls (on Zoom):
- AIDA – the spine of all good marketing for over 50 years
- Websites – the Jackie Barrie approach to making them work
- Theories such as Maslow, TA, nudge, feather, KISS, USP and Gestalt – how they inform the copy you write
- MailChimp and WordPress – finding your way around and offering them as an extra service
- Specific practical skills e.g. How to use track changes, how to write a job ad, working for friends and family, writing a sales letter
- Mindset issues, how to be confident with your pricing strategy
- The business side of freelance copywriting, tips around invoicing, insurance, T&Cs etc.
- Cialdini’s principles of persuasion, behavioural economics (Rory Sutherland)
- NLP and motivational strategies / towards & away copywriting
- PEST, SWOT, RACI – What they mean and how they can help you run strategic-level projects
- Tried-and-tested discovery process to help you stand out from the rest, get a good brief, and filter out time-wasters
- Best ways to present your copy and reduce the number of iterations
- Which metrics to measure and why
- LinkedIn: How to make it work for you
- Tone of voice
- Reactivating past clients
- Sales funnels
- Email marketing
- SEO for beginners
- Anything else you can think of
Monthly sessions are supported by a dedicated WhatsApp group.
“Jackie’s copywriting mentoring programme is just the right mix of learning and support. Using her extensive career in copywriting, she challenges, encourages and develops us in her own unique teaching style. Full of wisdom and generous with her knowledge and advice, Jackie’s mentoring has been the date in my diary not to be missed.” Elspeth Massey
Afterwards, you might be ready upgrade to Jackie’s ‘inner circle’ team and benefit from ongoing mentoring/masterminding plus the chance of copywriting leads.
How it works
The group mentoring sessions run from 2:00pm to 3:15pm (UK time) on the second Tuesday of each month. The next season starts in January 2023. Here are the dates for your diary:
10 January 2023
14 February 2023
14 March 2023
11 April 2023
9 May 2023
13 June 2023
“I’ve just completed a year’s mentoring with Jackie, and it’s been an incredibly insightful experience. I’ve gained practical knowledge in various areas, including client management, the briefing process, how to run my business, social media and marketing principles. I now feel more confident and informed when it comes to running my own copywriting business. I would highly recommend Jackie’s mentoring to any aspiring or experienced copywriter.”
- Attend 6 x monthly live Zoom calls + videos + ongoing Whatsapp support for just £187.50 + VAT = £225.00 to be paid in full in advance (equates to just £37.50 per session).
“Jackie is my copywriting guru and has singlehandedly transformed my copywriting career. I have learnt so much about the industry, the craft and how to make a decent living as a freelance copywriter. Most importantly of all, I have learnt to price my work according to its worth and develop processes and systems to enable my own copywriting business to succeed.”
Contact Jackie to advise:
- The top 3 topics you’d like to cover
- Any other ideas you may have
- Your full name
- Your postal address
- Your mobile number (for the WhatsApp ‘live members’ group)
- What timezone you’re in
The deadline for applications is 6 January 2023.
“Jackie’s group mentorship programme made me really think about what I wanted my business to be, how to get there, and how to make money from copywriting during the global pandemic, when my main earnings were reduced by the shift to online-only. Jackie shared not only her time and her knowledge, but her own journey. Her words had a real impact on my life. This woman is the embodiment of “when life gives you lemons, throw together a cocktail party.”
Anne Welsh, Beginning Cataloguing
If you’d prefer to book one or more private mentoring sessions dedicated to you and your needs, see here > One-to-one mentoring
For regular copywriting tips and occasional job opportunities, join Jackie’s Copywriter Club. You can ask her anything in there. She can’t always promise to respond immediately, but the other members are also very helpful. It has a strict ‘no sales’ policy, a supportive nature, and more of a UK flavour than many of the copywriting groups on Facebook.